mobile: 906_281_77_73 email:syar.rizvi(AT)gmail.com
Flexible writer and podcaster with experience in culture writing and digital media. Extensive knowledge of intercultural communication, content management, and social media techniques.
Digital Producer Feb. 2010 – Present
Writes and edits web and print content for a diverse spectrum of clients including 1105 Media, National Press Club, Dallas Observer, Kill Screen and Unwinnable
- Co-hosted ALTbrown, a podcast highlighting artists from diverse backgrounds
- Wrote weekly music review columns for the Dallas Observer
Social Media Coordinator
July 2016- present
Administering Facebook and Twitter accounts for various clients, including Maryland Sister State Program and Regional Manufacturing Institute of Maryland.
Dallas/Ft. Worth International Community Alliance Aug. 2011 – May 2012
Organized event calendar and listserv content. Drafting press releases, internal communications, and presentations for nonprofit serving newly arrived communities in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
- Directed team on how to correspond with journalists for Dallas Morning News profile on the organization’s U.S. citizenship test prep class.
- Coordinated print campaigns for festivals and advertising for annual events in 2012 with 5,000 attendees.
Michigan Tech Lode Oct. 2007– May 2009
Wrote news articles in AP Style as part of the student newspaper’s editorial board.
- Covered local political figures for the 2008 elections and the 2009 Tea Party rally.
- Covered reaction of international students, advocacy groups, and university administration to U.S. Border Patrol activity on campus in Fall of 2008.
Master of Arts in Journalism
University of North Texas Denton, TX
Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Culture Studies
Michigan Technological University Houghton, MI
MS Office, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite: Premier, Adobe Audition, Adobe InDesign
- English: native speaking, reading, writing
- Spanish: basic reading, writing
- Urdu: basic speaking